Cheers to a New Year
Here we are at the end of another year and as is the norm time to look back on the year that was or in this case reflect on my artistic year. Another year as a professional artist and I have to say I’m happy I took the plunge into this fantastic world of art, into this community of artists, into this vast sea of beauty.
It was a fantastic year made only possible by and a big thanks to all those people who want to look at, admire, commission me or buy one of my paintings.
2017 will be a year that I will remember for many reasons but here are some of my highlights of 2017:
- solo exhibition in The Pigyard Gallery – thanks to Tony and Trish for the warm welcome
- solo exhibition in The Gaslamp Gallery with the launch of my calendar, thanks to Claire and the crew
- one of my paintings presented to outgoing American Ambassador Kevin O Malley
- getting to know new collectors while participating in 2 shows (Bloom, ArtSource)
- 2 mural commissions (Gorey Town and Fingal County Council show garden at Bloom)
- launching prints(finally!) and my first book
- teaching in Kilmurry Nursery paint along lessons – this year was really fantastic, got to know many new students and the garden looked amazing, special thanks to Orla, Paul and Kilmurry Nursery crew :)
Plans for 2018:
- add more beauty to the world!
New Year’s resolutions:
- paint more! :)
So to all my fans/patrons, supporters, friends and your families let’s have a great new year!